For the protection of the children and the volunteers, please do not leave an ill child in the nursery. The following criteria, suggested by the Health Department, will be used to determine when volunteers and children do not need to be in the nursery.
The presence of ANY of these symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Undiagnosed rashes or boils
- On-going cough
- Signs of common childhood illnesses, such as chicken pox, mumps, fifths disease, measles, etc.
- Runny nose with any colored discharge (unless clear and due to teething)
- Pink eye or any other eye infections
- Head Lice (child should be free of all knits and will be checked)
***Please notify the Preschool Children's Ministry Director or the church office if your child exhibits signs of a communicable disease within 24 hours of being in the nursery.